It’s hard to imagine your innocent drinking habits turning into a full-blown problem with alcohol abuse and addiction. You begin with a drink to relax after a stressful day at work. You enjoy a drink or two every time you go out with friends. Soon, you’re drinking every day and night. Thoughts of drinking consume your days, and you begin to neglect your responsibilities. If you start to think, “do I need alcohol addiction treatment,” you need to begin looking for an alcohol rehab center near me for help.
Do I Need Alcohol Addiction Treatment?
At first, it can be hard to admit that you need the help of alcohol rehab in Florida. You might give excuses for your drinking when confronted by your loved ones. You might tell yourself lies to make yourself feel better for your drinking. In fact, you might believe that you have full control over your drinking and can stop at any time. But then you reach a point where you stop and think to yourself, “is my drinking really that bad, and do I need alcohol addiction treatment?”
Consider how you might answer the following questions based on the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders:
- Do you crave alcohol?
- Are you continuing to drink regardless of the negative effects it has on your physical or mental health?
- Have you experienced withdrawal symptoms if you skip a day of drinking?
- Are you neglecting your hobbies, interests, and responsibilities due to drinking?
- Have you experienced problems with the law due to your drinking?
If you answer yes to any of these questions, it’s important to begin seeking out an alcohol rehab in Florida today.
How to Find Alcohol Addiction Treatment
Once you determine that you need help with your drinking, it’s time to begin searching for substance abuse treatment programs. These programs can help you learn about addiction, identify the reasons behind your drinking, and implement healthier coping mechanisms in order to stay in recovery.
When you begin your search for appropriate treatment, consider the following pieces of criteria:
- Accreditation- Finding a rehab center that has received accreditation from a reputable third party like the Joint Commission is essential to ensuring your safety and care. This type of accreditation goes to facilities that have shown exceptional standards for care, the treatment of their clients, and the overall safety of their facility.
- Program options- Addiction treatment should never be one-size-fits-all. Everyone’s experience with addiction is different, so the approach to treatment should be different as well. Choose a facility that offers a variety of treatment options that best suits your needs.
- Location- Where you go to receive treatment is also an important component to consider. In some cases, individuals might need to remain close to home for treatment because of their family responsibilities. In other cases, leaving the state to remove themselves from unhealthy environments is the better option. Look for a facility whose’s location presents the healthiest option for your needs.
Addiction treatment is never something to take lightly. Instead of jumping at the first facility you find, take the time to consider your options for treatment carefully. By making an educated decision regarding your care, you’re giving yourself the best chance possible at achieving your long-term recovery goals.
Begin Your Search for Addiction Treatment Today
Do I need alcohol addiction treatment? If you’re asking yourself that question, the answer is probably yes. Start your search for the best alcohol addiction treatment available for you today. The admissions teams at the facility you choose are ready to help you begin your recovery journey and answer all of your questions.